The knowledge and practical skills gained in this professional certificate programme will provide the course participant with the foundational knowledge and practical skills to perform SARS tax compliance functions and services, including the preparation and submission of tax returns for individuals, corporate, farmers, partnerships, sole traders, companies, close corporations and trusts. This professional certificate is built upon practical simulations, ensuring the learning environment simulates reality in a tax practice.
This professional certificate course is delivered by The Tax Faculty.
Upon completion, successful candidates will be awarded Professional Certificate in Taxation from The Tax Faculty.
- You want to register for (or maintain) your SARS PR number.
- You want a Professional Certificate in Taxation that will earn you the recognition that you deserve.
- You are experienced in tax but need an NQF level 5 course to continue working as a SARS registered tax practitioner
(to comply with the current SARS regulations for tax practitioners).
- You want a tax refresher course.
- You want to gain the required practical and technical skills to complete tax returns.
The syllabus for this certificate has been specifically arranged in a logical order rather than a mere numerical or random approach. It consists of two semester courses namely Semester 1: Taxation of Individuals whilst Semester 2 focusses on Corporate Taxes.
This module covers the fundamentals of taxation, salaried employees' income tax, self-employed individual taxes (including farming) and payroll taxes. It also covers basic elements of speciality tax such as donations and estate duty tax.
This course bridges the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical application. The outcome of this module is to ensure particpants are able to submit individual tax returns without errors, namely the ITR12, IRP6, EMP501 and EMP201 returns.
This module will cover VAT, corporate income tax, key tax administrative procedures and gives participants' guidance on practice management, ethics and responsibilities.
The skills gained in this module will ensure that theoretical knowledge can be practically applied in the completion and submission of tax returns without errors namely the ITR14 and VAT201 returns as well as the IT14SD.
Once-off payment: R21 950.00.
Application fee (non-refundable): R450.00.
12 installments: R2 104.00 per month.
* First debit order will be collected on course start date. Remaining debit orders will be collected on the first working day of each month.
Payment option 3: SAIT members in good standing discount
Once-off payment: Qualify for a 50% discount.
Monthly options: Application fee (non-refundable) of R450.00 and a 25% discount on the total amount.
* The discount will decrease the number of debit orders and not the monthly amount, thus 12 months would become 9 months of debit orders.
Get your application in to avoid disappointment. Click below to start your application.