Completion of this course, as well as the workplace experience modules, provides entry into the final external integrated summative assessment (EISA).
Successful participants will be eligible to apply for membership of the South African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT) and the designation Tax Technician (SA). This qualification is registered on the National Qualification Framework (NQF 6). On successful completion of the EISA, you will receive the Tax Technician Occupational Qualification from QCTO. The qualification is delivered via The Tax Faculty's virtual campus and webinar platforms whilst the final exam (EISA) is administered by the South African Institute of Tax Practitioners (SAIT) at an additional fee.
- You are experienced in tax yet need an NQF level qualification to continue working as a SARS registered tax practitioner.
- You want to obtain accreditation and recognition for previous training and experience.
- You want to gain the required practical and technical skills to complete the latest income tax and VAT returns.
It is a strict requirement of SARS that registered tax practitioners upskill their matric qualification within three years from registration with SARS and an RCB.
Completion of this accelerated programme and EISA exam (with SAIT) will secure you the required NQF 6 level qualification to remain a registered tax practitioner with SARS.
At The Tax Faculty we recognise that you have gained significant prior experience over a number of years whilst working in the field of tax. For this reason, we recognise your prior learning (RPL). We give you the maximum credit (exemptions) towards your occupational NQF 6 qualification. At The Tax Faculty we will never waste your time to study topics in which you are already competent. Our exemptions process (RPL) address this issue.
Therefore, the core to The Tax Faculty learning ethos include a unique process to identify your individual learning needs against the competency framework across the tax knowledge and practical skills required to complete the qualification. Your specific learning needs are identified through our diagnostic measuring your knowledge and practical skills competencies.
With your prior work experience, a number of the topics will be exempted (RPL). However, the fundamental knowledge competency framework includes the following areas:
- Tax administration.
- Taxation of business.
- Personal income tax and trusts.
- Corporate income tax.
- Value-added tax (VAT).
- Dispute resolution at a basic level.
- Capita Selecta: speciality taxes.
- Ethics and professional conduct.
The practical skills and workplace experience components will be a unique learning module based your prior experience.
Applicants must have recently attended one of the following educational programmes:
- Annual tax CPD programme updates with SAIT.
- Short course in tax/accounting (Unisa CTAX course, UCT Tax Law Course with GetSmarter or the Enterprises Univeristy of Pretoria Taxation certificate course).
- SARS internal functional training courses.
- Higher Certificate in Taxation/Accounting.
- National Diploma in Taxation/Accounting.
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting (ICB).
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting (ICB).
- Accounting technician qualification.
In addition, applicants must have at least three years of work experience in tax, accounting and/or bookkeeping.
The qualification is delivered via The Tax Faculty's virtual campus and webinar platforms whilst the final exam (EISA) is administered by the South African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT) at and additional fee.
Once-off payment: R27 500.00.
Application fee (non-refundable): R450.00.
12 instalments: R2 635.00 per month.
Total: R31 620.00.
* First debit order will be collected on course start date. Remaining debit orders will be collected on the first working day of each month.
Payment option 3: SAIT members in good standing discount
Once-off payment: Qualify for a 50% discount.
Monthly options: Application fee (non-refundable) of R450.00 and a 25% discount on the total amount.
* The discount will decrease the number of debit orders and not the monthly amount, thus 12 months would become 9 months of debit orders.
Get your application in to avoid disappointment. Click below to start your application.