This TaxCafé practitioner discussion forum focused on resolving the current taxpayer issues experienced by tax practitioners during the month of February/March 2022.
The following practitioner questions/issues were covered during this March 2022 TaxCafe:
- New SARS complaints/escalation process involving Branch Managers
- The process for declaring CGT of residences that are not a primary residence, yet also have exemptions
- Resolving SARS refunds
- SARS calculation of section 6 quat for foreign taxes
- Insurance company requesting tax directives
- Home office expenses
- Issues printing a completed and submitted RAV01
- Request for reasons for SARS assessment
- Current issues with SARS charging administration penalties
- Donations tax when a member of a Closed Corporation change member interest to family members
After attending this discussion forum webinar, you will be:
• Informed about the best solutions to resolve current taxpayer issues.
• Competent to efficiently and proactively resolve current issues experienced in your practice.
• Able to guide your staff to effectively assist/support clients with their systemic tax issues.
• Informed about available resources to resolve taxpayer issues.
BCom(Honours Accounting) [UND] CA(SA)
Carmen Westermeyer graduated in 2001 from the University of Natal, Durban (now UKZN), with a BCom Honours degree in Accounting and completed her articles with PwC in 2004. She has been a member of SAICA since then.
Carmen stayed with PwC for a year as Assistant Manager, venturing into the world of commerce in 2006. In 2008, she was appointed as a lecturer at UKZN and coordinated the Taxation 300 course until December 2010. From 1 January 2010, Carmen took over the role of Academic Leader for the Taxation Department, as well as the coordination of the Postgraduate Taxation Programme. During her time as Academic Leader she had numerous opportunities to liase with SAICA on issues relating to the ITC, as well as being a member of the Tax Committee.
In December 2012 she started running ad hoc training courses for members of the profession. From December 2013, she moved into commercial training and consulting on a full-time basis. She has been involved in various training activities, such as the SAICA SMP training in 2014 and the FASSET Budget and Tax Update in 2015 and 2016.
This event and successful completion of the online assessment will secure 1.5 hours verifiable output Tax CPD points.