Join us for a practical webinar where Johan Heydenrych will deal with the IT 14SD preparation including elements such as income tax reconciliation, PAYE reconciliation and output and input VAT reconciliation. Johan will delve into topics such as how SARS can use the IT 14SD to challenge a taxpayer, how to resolve a dispute and provide practical tips on how to complete the IT 14SD.
The following important considerations will be discussed during the webinar at the hands of practical examples:
- What is the purpose of the IT 14SD?
- How can SARS use the IT 14SD challenge a taxpayer?
- How to resolve a dispute arising from an IT 14SD.
- How to anticipate the IT 14SD when submitting the EMP 201, ITR 14 and VAT 201.
- In what format should the IT 14SD be submitted? An IT 14SD template will be discussed.
- How can technology assist in preparing the IT 14SD?
Who should attend?
This is a not-to-be-missed webinar for any taxpayer, tax practitioner or tax advisor required to prepare and submit IT 14SD’s.
Johan Heydenrych CA(SA)
Johan has specialised in taxation since 1991. He was a tax partner in KPMG from 1997 to 2020 and is currently a partner in the Kreston SA network specialising in taxation. He provides a wide range of tax services to various clients across industries. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advice on tax risk management and tax governance.
- Tax compliance services including but not limited to ITR14 and IT14SD.
- Dealing with tax disputes including representing clients at alternative dispute resolution (ADR) hearings.
- Submission of documentation and revised returns under the voluntary disclosure programme.
- Issuing of tax technical opinions on income tax, value-added tax (VAT) and PAYE. This includes preparing briefs to senior counsel and submissions of requests for binding opinions from SARS.
- Audit support services including normal tax and deferred tax disclosure and disclosure of uncertain tax positions.
- Assistance with implementation of tax reporting for new accounting standards such as IFRIC 23, IFRS 9, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16.
- Facilitation of tax diagnostic sessions with existing and prospective clients.
- Advice on mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations.
- Tax due diligences
- Advice on tax implications of recapitalization transactions, debt restructures, liquidations, and de-registrations.
Johan has been a regular presenter for The Tax Faculty over the past five years. In 2020, he presented webinars on tax risk management, Covid-19 relief, ITR14 preparation, dispute resolution, value-added tax and tax and business rescue. He also prepared several practical case studies for the Professional Certificate in Tax Opinion and Dispute Writing course presented by the Tax Faculty.
Education and qualifications
- BCom (Accounting), Cum Laude.
- BCom (Accounting Hons), Cum Laude (Award: Best student in Audit 700).
- Certificate in the Theory of Accounting.
- MCom (Taxation), Cum Laude, (Award: Best MCom [Tax] student).
- Chartered Accountant (specialising in taxation).
- Member of SAICA.
- Registered tax practitioner.
This event and successful completion of the online assessment will secure 2 hours verifiable output Tax CPD points..
100% discount for all 2021 Tax Practitioner and Tax Accountant CPD subscribers.
Other member: R495.00
Company price (five attendees maximum): R950.00
Payments and cancellations
- All payments must be made by EFT or by credit card, at least 3 working days before commencement of an event.
- Kindly note that should payment not been received 2 days after the event, legal action will be taken
- Proof of payment will be requested at registration if payment at that point in time has not been reflected on the Tax Faculty's bank account.
- Only written notice of cancellation will be recognised.
- Cancellation conditions:
- If the cancellation occurs more than 4 working days prior to the event no cancellation fee will be charged.
- If the cancellation occurs less than 4 working days prior to the event a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- Delegates who book and fail to attend will be liable for the full event fee.
- SAIT's liability in the case of an event being cancelled will be limited to a refund or credit of the event fee.
- Please click here for the full terms and conditions.